SEIU Local 500 Uses eMembership Electronic Voting For Contract Ratification
ProblemRatification of contracts or amendments across 20,000 members can take weeks using regular mail.
SolutionThis local uses the Survey/Voting feature of eMembership’s Communication module to solicit instant member feedback. The process is easy: create a survey (one or more questions) or a vote (single question); select the audience (entire membership, or a select group); send! The poll/ballot is delivered via email and/or text, according to each member’s preference. Note that the eMembership Survey/Voting feature supports DOL requirements for double-blind voting by ensuring each voter votes only once, and guaranteeing the anonymity of every vote.
Contract ratifications can be completed within days rather than weeks (or longer). And although the local cannot see how a member voted, they can see if a member voted. It is therefore very easy to send the poll/ballot to all members who have not yet responded.
About the eMembership Communications ModuleThe eMembership Communications module facilitates communication and engagement with members for union activities. You can:
- Create and send online surveys
- Using integrated email and/or text, send messages to the entire membership, or to targeted groups of members.
- Easily create invitation lists for meetings or events, email or text those invitations, track RVSPs, and track attendance.
- Send documents for electronic signature.
- Track the engagement of every member or prospective member.